This week and for the next few weeks, I’m going to try a suggestion from one of my favorite authors Laura Vanderkam. I discovered her books 📚 after I wrote Decluttering Your Schedule and I was so excited that we had come to many of the same conclusions that I almost emailed her my book, but I realized she was a “real author” with a publisher and a New York Times bestseller and I chickened 🐥 out… (maybe I need to revisit that!)
Anyway, I’m a fan and she swears by planning your next week on Friday which makes a lot of sense. It’s Friday and I’m a bit tired 😴 from working and doing all week but planning seems like a doable task for today.
Ideally, I want to work Monday thru Thursday and reserve Friday for self-care and planning only. #goals
It’s been so full on with homeschooling I've been squeezing work in anywhere it fits over 7 days a week (can you say recipe for burnout??). Currently, I’m not on a good schedule or any schedule. Knowing me though my schedule needs to have a lot of built-in choices or I’ll rebel against my own plan and do none of it!
Maybe you want to try Friday planning too? 🤷♀️ If you do let me know how it goes.
My five fun things for this week! I thought I wouldn't have five because it's been a full-on work/errands/school stuff/sports, but of course, I had five because I chose to find five.
1. 500 Rummy with my husband and brother-in-law. I kicked their butts.🃏
2. Backpack 🎒 shopping with my son. He’s a sweetheart. 💗
3. Treating myself to a pedicure today after an all-clear check-up at the dermatologist. If you have not had your yearly skin check book it today!
4. Reading a fun fluffy novel. 📚 I read a lot for business and self-improvement which I love, but a good brain candy novel is just what I needed.
5. Planning my mom's birthday, and remembering that I ordered a present 🎁 in July (thank goodness I was thinking of future me) 🥳 I left it until the last minute but my sister will be driving up with her kids so it will be a special time.
Remember the little things are the big things and have an amazing weekend!